Our foundational beliefs and core values are rooted deep in the Bible, God's Word.
HOW DO I JOIN?
We invite you to prayerfully consider joining our church family. If you believe that God is directing your steps to our church family, please contact us regarding this important decision. Below is a summary of the requirements for church membership:
Admission to Membership
The Pastor and/or his designates will counsel with prospective members 18 years and older for assurance that they are in accord with the doctrines and practices of the church. Persons may be received into membership with voting privileges by any of the following methods subject to 75% vote of the church at any regular church service. Children and youth up to age 18 will be accepted in the same manner as non-voting members.
(1) By Baptism - Any person who makes a public profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is baptized by immersion.
(2) By Letter - Any person by promise of a letter from another Southern Baptist Church of like faith and order, finalized upon receipt of such letter.
(3) By Statement - Any person who presents himself by Christian experience or statement, giving assurance that he has been baptized by immersion following his profession of faith in Christ as his Savior.
(4) By Restoration - In the event of disciplinary action by this church when the individual demonstrates repentance and reformation.
IS MEMBERSHIP IMPORTANT?
6 REASONS TO JOIN A CHURCH
Many attend but never join; here’s the case for making things official
1. Membership says, “I belong here,” and God says that believers belong together (Hebrews 10:23-25). You sense that God wants you here with the people of Pines Baptist Church at this time in your Christian life, and you want to make a public declaration that you are committed to God’s work through this church.
2. Membership says, “We share the same ministry goals,” and God says that believers are to be committed to one another for the sake of spiritual impact (Ephesians 4:16). You believe that Jesus has a work to do in Pembroke Pines, Florida, and around the world, and you are willing to join with others to see that it gets done.
3. Membership says, “I accept responsibility for a group of fellow believers in the family of God,” and that is God’s plan as well (Galatians 6:1-2, 10). You want to be part of a caring network of people, sharing one another’s joys and sorrows, and helping one another grow through worship, Bible study, fellowship and ministry opportunities.
4. Membership says, “I am accountable to mature brothers and sisters in Christ for my walk with God,” and God warns against spiritual autonomy (Hebrews 13:17; Matthew 18:15-20). You do not want to go at it alone in standing for Jesus Christ, and want to receive the guidance, equipping, and assistance necessary to remain on target.
5. Membership says, “I accept responsibility for how things are done here,” and God says that is how it should be (1 Corinthians 12:20-27). Members elect deacons, church officers, approve an annual ministry budget, as well as call pastors to serve as our spiritual leaders. Every member has a say in shaping our church’s direction and ministry goals.
6. Membership keeps us legal (1 Peter 2:13-17). The state of Florida recognizes churches if they have a credible membership and organization. Obedience to these laws affirms that we are responsible citizens with a desire to serve.